Cranberries grow in the coastal area about 50 miles from our home. When they become available at Thanksgiving, I always make this holiday salad.
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Add next five ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped cream; chill before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Waldorf Salad in Country December/January 1993, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review