- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine cranberries and sugar; let stand 30 minutes. Add next five ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in whipped cream; chill. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Waldorf Salad
"I made half a recipe for our family gatherings of eight. The only change I made was that I used Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. Very good and less fat and calories."
"I was given this recipe over 40 years ago and it is still a family favorite for Thanksgiving dinner. My old recipe had one direction differently - whip the cream and fold in the miniature marshmallows, then let that set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Otherwise, it is identical to this recipe and always a winner!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it."
"slocook805, they are good for you."
"I think someone needs to look up the definition of "Waldorf salad". This is a variation of Ambrosia. 1 star for the inclusion of marshmallows, sorry but I can't stand 'em."
"I've always loved Waldorf salad. As to the name, it was named for the Waldorf Hotel where it was created in 1896. I booked my son in the Waldorf when he took the two-day New York Bar Exam, and he made sure he ordered it there, too! The addition of cranberries is interesting and tasty! My family and guests love this salad!"
"Plan to double this up to make for our holiday office potluck!"