- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Add next five ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped cream; chill before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Waldorf Salad(3)
Sort By :
This salad was excellent. I only added 1/2 cup sugar, and I used Cool Whip instead of heavy cream. This is a great holiday salad.
Waldorf...What a name for a salad! I never heard of this until my early 30's, My co-worker, Ellen said that she was going to make a Waldorf Salad. I stepped back a gave her a dumbfounded look and asked, "What is a..Waldorf..Salad ? ? " She explained to me what it was. Just the name - Waldorf ! Wasn't there a character in one of the Star
Trek episodes? But, this and other Waldorf salads I had were good.
I love this recipe, it's easy and festive at the table (it turns pink from the cranberries). I omitted the pineapple, and used toasted almonds for the nuts. I also chopped the frozen cranberries in a food processor and combined them with the sugar and marshmallows and chilled overnight. The next morning I added the remaining ingred and served. You can substitute 1 cup of whipped topping for the whipped cream. I am planning to make this recipe again for Christmas this year.