Cranberry Waldorf Gelatin Recipe
We enjoy this easy-to-make salad in the fall when fresh cranberries and apples are in season.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a bowl, dissolve softened gelatin and cranberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until blended. Add the cinnamon, ginger, salt and remaining cold water. Cover and refrigerate until almost set. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 156 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC