We enjoy this easy-to-make salad in the fall when fresh cranberries and apples are in season.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a bowl, dissolve softened gelatin and cranberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until blended. Add the cinnamon, ginger, salt and remaining cold water. Cover and refrigerate until almost set. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Waldorf Gelatin in Country Extra November 2003, p49
Reviews for Cranberry Waldorf Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2008
"It is difficult to find cranberry jello, I used cranberry juice instead of water and unflavored gelatin, it needed a little sugar but was good"