For a delicious vinegar for salad dressings and marinades, try this vinegar with cranberries. It would make a wonderful side salad during the holidays.—Lesley Colgan, London, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat and
- simmer for 5 minutes or until the cranberries burst. Cool. Strain
- through a fine sieve into sterilized bottles or jars. Seal tightly.
- Discard cranberries and cinnamon stick. Chill until ready to use in
- your vinegar-and-oil salad dressing. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.