Everyone in my family loves this dessert. I normally serve it at Thanksgiving and Christmas when we're all together.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, pineapple, marshmallows, cherries and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Velvet Freeze in Country December/January 2003, p51
Reviews for Cranberry Velvet Freeze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2012
"It is hard to believe that nobody (including me) wrote a review for this. I found this recipe a few years ago and we have been making it for Christmas dinner ever since. It is absolutely incredible! Love and crave for it every year!"