Cranberry Upside-Down Muffins Recipe
Fresh cranberries are readily available here, so I cook with them often. The sweet-tart taste of these pretty muffins adds a festive touch to special-occasion suppers.
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and sugar. Cover and cook over low heat until juice forms. Uncover; cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in nutmeg; cool slightly. Spoon into 12 paper-lined muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and lemon extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Spoon over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Carefully remove paper liners and serve muffins warm, cranberry side up. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Upside-Down Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Upside-Down Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review