If you forget to remove the cakes from the custard cups after cooling for 5 minutes, warm the desserts in the microwave for a short time for an easy release. Do not freeze.
Recommended: 24 Upside-Down Desserts
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Generously grease six 6-oz. custard cups; place a piece of butter in each cup. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and coconut; sprinkle into cups. Spread each with cranberry sauce; top with cake batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before inverting onto dessert plates. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Upside-Down Cakes in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p306
Reviews for Cranberry Upside-Down Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review