Cranberry Upside Down Cake Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups; set aside.
- 2. Pour butter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cranberries and walnuts. Top with pineapple.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a large serving platter (top will have an uneven appearance). Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 323 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Upside Down Cake
"I have been making this for about a year now. I got the recipe from the magazine, and it is a wonderful Autumn/ Winter recipe. I made it for family get- togethers and it is always received warmly. The only change I have made is I used pecans instead of walnuts (I didn't have walnuts). We would like it either way.Thanks for submitting...I'm actually making it for dinner tomorrow!"