Cranberry Turkey Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, optional
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Beat for 1 minute on high speed. Stir in turkey, celery, cheese, almonds, eggs if desired, Miracle Whip, cream, salt and onion salt. Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 2. Dissolve the raspberry gelatin in remaining boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce until melted and blended. Spoon over turkey mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 379 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Salad
"Absolutely loved it!! Didn't and wouldn't change anything. A great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. Would be great for a brunch.... Thanks!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.