This recipe is most treasured because it's from my husband's grandmother. A savory turkey salad is cleverly topped with cranberry-raspberry gelatin for an eye-catching dish. —Kim Kirven, Wadsworth, Ohio
Recommended: Salad Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, optional
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Beat for 1 minute on high speed. Stir in turkey, celery, cheese, almonds, eggs if desired, Miracle Whip, cream, salt and onion salt. Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Dissolve the raspberry gelatin in remaining boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce until melted and blended. Spoon over turkey mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Turkey Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p143
Reviews forCranberry Turkey Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2011
"Absolutely loved it!! Didn't and wouldn't change anything. A great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. Would be great for a brunch.... Thanks!!"