Cranberry Turkey Cutlets Recipe
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 turkey cutlets (1/2-inch thick and 4 ounces each )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for about 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the cranberries, orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 3. Place turkey over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top each cutlet with some of the cranberry sauce; grill 1-2 minutes longer. Serve with remaining cranberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 309 calories, 2g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit