Cranberry Turkey Crostini Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium tangerine, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 30 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 pound shaved deli smoked turkey
- 1. Place cranberries and tangerine in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and shallots to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sugar, jalapenos, pepper and reserved cranberry mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; lightly spray bread on both sides with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Spread each slice with 1-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese; top with turkey and 1 tablespoon cranberry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece: 79 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Crostini
"I found that the cranberry relish was too tart to please many of my guests, so added 1/2 cup more sugar."