Cranberry Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Spread mayonnaise over muffin halves. Place the lettuce, turkey burgers and cranberry sauce on muffin bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"An awesome burger and we don't even care for turkey burgers. SURPRISE, it was a hit."
"I can't believe how delicious these things are and how great my apartment smells since cooking them. I only had a pound of turkey, so I substituted turkey sausage for the other quarter-pound which worked very well. In place of the whole-berry cranberry sauce, I used some cranberry mustard on that side of the english muffin, but I'm sure the sauce tastes just as good. I cooked them on my George Foreman grill instead of an outdoor grill and again, that worked fine. I highly recommend these. They're like Thanksgiving on an english muffin."