These turkey burgers are so good that you might give up traditional beef hamburgers altogether. The thick grilled patties are topped with prepared cranberry sauce and served on toasted English muffins for a nice change of pace.
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Spread mayonnaise over muffin halves. Place the lettuce, turkey burgers and cranberry sauce on muffin bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Turkey Burgers in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p32
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review