Cranberry Turkey Breast with Gravy
This is wonderful served for a main holiday meal, because it's so convenient. The turkey turns out tender and moist. You can use extra slow cookers to prepare side dishes such as homemade stuffing.—Shirley Welch, Tulsa, Oklahoma
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place turkey in a 5-qt slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- cranberry sauce, orange juice, onion soup mix, salt and pepper; pour
- over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups gravy).
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup gravy equals 318 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,