This is wonderful served for a main holiday meal, because it's so convenient. The turkey turns out tender and moist. You can use extra slow cookers to prepare side dishes such as homemade stuffing.—Shirley Welch, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, onion soup mix, salt and pepper; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (3 cups gravy).
Originally published as Cranberry Turkey Breast with Gravy in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p54
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Breast with Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2014
"This is an amazing recipe as is! Lots of flavor and very tender turkey. I strain the broth to thicken for gravy. One of our family favorites!"
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2012
"This is delicious . Easy to make and a keeper.Will certainly make again."