"Besides being eye-catching and delicious, this treat is conveniently made ahead and frozen," says field editor Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio. "I fix the topping on the day I serve the torte."
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, salt and remaining sugar.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry mixture. Pour into the crust. Freeze until firm.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in cranberries and water until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes; cool. Let torte stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with topping. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Torte in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p65
Reviews for Cranberry Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review