- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook
- over medium heat until berries have popped, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the
- eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook,
- whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back
- of a spoon.
- Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Transfer berry topping to another bowl; refrigerate until serving.
- Spoon filling into tart shells. Chill, uncovered, until set. For
- garnish, in a small saucepan, bring lemon slices, sugar and water to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until
- lemon is tender. Cut slices in half; chill.
- Just before serving, spoon cranberry topping over tarts. Garnish with
- lemon slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 786 calories, 34 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 117 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.