Cranberry Tomato Chutney
The unique flavor of this chutney complements turkey, pork and duck. At holiday time, I make a big batch so I have some to serve, some to share and some to freeze. To make a quick appetizer, blend up 1-1/2 cups, pour over cream cheese and serve with crackers.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until cranberries
- and raisins are tender, stirring occasionally. Cool. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2-3 days before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.