Cranberry Tea Recipe
On cold winter afternoons, my friends and I like to sip this tangy cranberry tea while sitting next to a glowing fire and enjoying good conversation. It’s a great alternative to mulled cider.Polly Holbrook, Greeley, Colorado
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 9 slices peeled fresh gingerroot
- 6 individual tea bags
- 6 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place cinnamon and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, cranberries and ginger; add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until berries have popped, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags; cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and spice bag. Strain cranberry mixture through a cheesecloth-lined colander. Return to saucepan. Stir in juice and honey; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Cranberry Tea in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p82
Reviews for Cranberry Tea(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2012
I used apple cider instead of apple juice and kept it warm in the crockpot. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Hot Beverages >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >