Cranberry Tart Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, sugar and water. With lightly floured hands, press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and biscuit mix. Add the cranberries, orange juice and butter. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 260 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Tart
"Although the crust is somewhat difficult to spread into the pan, the end result is delicious. I garnished with frosted cranberries on a 'nest' of orange zest in the center of the tart. Got RAVES!!"