- 1-2/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, sugar and water. With lightly floured hands, press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and biscuit mix. Add the cranberries, orange juice and butter. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Tart in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p57
Reviews for Cranberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2009
"Although the crust is somewhat difficult to spread into the pan, the end result is delicious. I garnished with frosted cranberries on a 'nest' of orange zest in the center of the tart. Got RAVES!!"