- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, place cranberries and water in a small microwave-safe
- bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; set aside. In
- another bowl, combine the sugars, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each portion into a 15-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Lightly
- brush dough with water; sprinkle sugar mixture to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Sprinkle with cranberries.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch seams to
- seal. Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush with milk if desired. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or
- until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2
- loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 174 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.