Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe
Cranberries are an important crop in New England. This recipe produces a beautiful and delicious cake.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Sprinkle the walnuts into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spread half of the batter over nuts; top with half of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 276 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC