- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place cranberries, preserves and cinnamon in a food processor; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread each with half of the cranberry mixture; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Place rolls 4 in. apart on a lightly greased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Carefully transfer rolls to a cutting board; cool 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices upright on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until centers are firm and dry. Remove from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies; cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Swirl Biscotti
Sort By :
Outstanding. Mine never end up looking as pretty as the examples but, great flavor. Definitely take the time to process the berries and jam fully as pieces of fruit don't work so well in this one.
This is very tasty. The only problem I had was the dough was to thin to roll. Had to add more flour.