Cranberry Swirl Biscotti Recipe
A friend of mine, who is known for her excellent cookies, shared this recipe with me. The mix of cranberries and cherry preserves is so refreshing.
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place cranberries, preserves and cinnamon in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 3. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread each with half of the cranberry mixture; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- 4. Place rolls 4 in. apart on a lightly greased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5. Carefully transfer rolls to a cutting board; cool 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices upright on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 6. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until centers are firm and dry. Remove from pans to wire racks.
- 7. In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies; cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC