Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 155 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins
"Instead of the cranberries can you use raisins?"
"Wonderful! The only thing I changed is I added chopped pecans, because my husband loves nuts. I just made a triple batch and froze the extra, and they defrost beautifully!"
"My kids and I made these when we were stuck inside on a rainy day, and we loved them! Great flavor and very moist for something so low in fat and calories."
"These are so good!! I used the dried cranberries and they were awesome!! I let the dried cranberries soake in some warm water while I was putting the batter together they were nice and plump!!!"
"Awesome muffins! I have also made this recipe with craisins since they pack the flavor. Kids love these muffins. It's a great way to get some vitamins in them."
"I really liked the recipe. I think I will try it with a little more, 3/4c. sweet potato next time. I thought the cranberries out flavored the potato, but still really loved it."
"Fall is my favorite season. These muffins bring a little bit of fall to my kitchen any time of year. Tried them with dried cranberries. Turned out okay, but fresh cranberries are definitely preferred."