Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe
Bold autumn flavors of sweet potatoes, cranberries and cinnamon give seasonal appeal to these golden muffins. I recommended them for a change-of-pace treat with a meal, packed into a lunch box or as a snack. —Diane Musil, Lyons, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 155 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC