- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins
"Really great change-of-pace, seasonal muffin. All sorts of good flavors going on, holiday spice, tart cranberry, sweet sugar topping. A great conversation top, too! I made mine in jumbo muffin format and they made a nice hearty, portable winter breakfast treat."
"Instead of the cranberries can you use raisins?"
"Wonderful! The only thing I changed is I added chopped pecans, because my husband loves nuts. I just made a triple batch and froze the extra, and they defrost beautifully!"
"My kids and I made these when we were stuck inside on a rainy day, and we loved them! Great flavor and very moist for something so low in fat and calories."
"These are so good!! I used the dried cranberries and they were awesome!! I let the dried cranberries soake in some warm water while I was putting the batter together they were nice and plump!!!"