Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins(6)
Sort By :
Wonderful! The only thing I changed is I added chopped pecans, because my husband loves nuts. I just made a triple batch and froze the extra, and they defrost beautifully!
My kids and I made these when we were stuck inside on a rainy day, and we loved them! Great flavor and very moist for something so low in fat and calories.
These are so good!! I used the dried cranberries and they were awesome!! I let the dried cranberries soake in some warm water while I was putting the batter together they were nice and plump!!!
Awesome muffins! I have also made this recipe with craisins since they pack the flavor. Kids love these muffins. It's a great way to get some vitamins in them.
I really liked the recipe. I think I will try it with a little more, 3/4c. sweet potato next time. I thought the cranberries out flavored the potato, but still really loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >