Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
I love to bake and this healthy bread is moist and so flavorful. I often make two loaves at a time and give one as a gift. —Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. Toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, spices, baking soda and remaining all-purpose flour. In another bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 42-48 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 192 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC