Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
This colorful casserole is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, with its combination of sweet potatoes, cranberries and apples. I find it convenient to cook the sweet potatoes in the morning and assemble the dish, then bake it later.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. slices; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Add apples; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in the cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and half of the apple mixture; repeat layers. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 175 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC