Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. slices; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Add apples; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in the cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and half of the apple mixture; repeat layers. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 175 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
"Had this as part of our Christmas dinner today. Very yummy. This one is a keeper."
"I cut the sugar down as the apples sweeten things up"
"I made this for the first time and everyone raved about how good it was. They really enjoyed the apple/sweet potato combination. I did use dried cherries instead of cranberries as I didn't have those and it turned out great."
"we all loved it!!! EASY & FAST!!!"
"It's okay, although the yams should be mixed with cinnamon and/or butter to give it flavor, rather than on top."