Cranberry Sweet-and-Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- Hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in cranberry and barbecue sauces; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 3. Add green pepper and pineapple to pan; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with rice or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice) equals 268 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer