Cranberry Surprise Muffins
This recipe has been in my family since 1943, so these muffins have been enjoyed during the holidays for many years. The “surprise” is a dollop of cranberry sauce in the center. We like to eat them warm, fresh from the oven.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups one-fourth full. Drop a rounded
- tablespoonful of cranberry sauce into each cup. Top with remaining
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until muffin tops spring back
- when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to
- a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: These muffins are best served the day they're made.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium,