Cranberry Surprise Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill 12 greased muffin cups one-fourth full. Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cranberry sauce into each cup. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until muffin tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Surprise Muffins
"The muffin was so bland. At a minimum, this recipe needs more butter and sugar."