Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a different stuffing this year, you'll find these balls are both tasty and easy to prepare. Cooking has been a favorite pastime of mine since my husband and I retired (I used to operate a beauty salon). We had 80 acres and kept 2-1/2 of them to build our new country home on. -Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (7 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion until sausage is done and vegetables are tender. Drain excess fat. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture with remaining ingredients and enough broth to hold mixture together. Shape into 8-10 balls. Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Stuffing Balls in Country Woman September/October 1992, p29
Reviews for Cranberry Stuffing Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review