Cranberry Stuffing Balls Recipe
Meet the Cook: If you're looking for a different stuffing this year, you'll find these balls are both tasty and easy to prepare. Cooking has been a favorite pastime of mine since my husband and I retired (I used to operate a beauty salon). We had 80 acres and kept 2-1/2 of them to build our new country home on. -Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (7 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion until sausage is done and vegetables are tender. Drain excess fat. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture with remaining ingredients and enough broth to hold mixture together. Shape into 8-10 balls. Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC