Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops
A moist cornbread-cranberry stuffing complements these tender chops from Loree Reininger of Polk City, Florida. The recipe can easily be doubled for company.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red currant jelly, warmed
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- onion, pecans and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in
- the stuffing mix, cranberries and water. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully cut a pocket in each pork chop; stuff with cranberry
- mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°. Brush with jelly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 326 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.