Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red currant jelly, warmed
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, pecans and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, cranberries and water. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Carefully cut a pocket in each pork chop; stuff with cranberry mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Brush with jelly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop equals 326 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.