Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red currant jelly, warmed
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, pecans and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, cranberries and water. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Carefully cut a pocket in each pork chop; stuff with cranberry mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Brush with jelly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop: 326 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.