Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
A moist cornbread-cranberry stuffing complements these tender chops from Loree Reininger of Polk City, Florida. The recipe can easily be doubled for company.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red currant jelly, warmed
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, pecans and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, cranberries and water. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully cut a pocket in each pork chop; stuff with cranberry mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Brush with jelly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >