This is my favorite party roast - everyone just loves it! It makes such a statement when you place it on the table, and the flavor is incredible.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and 7 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- CRANBERRY GRAVY:
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Combine sugar, thyme and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover ends with foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and broth. Stir in the long grain rice, wild rice, cranberries, parsley, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, poultry seasoning, pepper and celery mixture.
- Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove foil from ends; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Pour pan drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough hot water to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, brown sugar, marjoram, pepper and cranberry juice until blended. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove stuffing to a serving bowl and cut between ribs. Serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p46
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cranberry-Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review