- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Combine sugar, thyme and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a
- large shallow roasting pan. Cover ends with foil. Bake at 350°
- for 1 hour.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In
- a large bowl, combine bread cubes and broth. Stir in the long grain
- rice, wild rice, cranberries, parsley, brown sugar, Worcestershire
- sauce, poultry seasoning, pepper and celery mixture.
- Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 30 minutes longer
- or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove foil from ends; cover
- and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Pour pan drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring
- cup; skim fat. Add enough hot water to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, brown sugar, marjoram, pepper
- and cranberry juice until blended. Gradually stir in drippings.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove stuffing to a serving bowl and cut between ribs. Serve with
- gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer