Cranberry Stuffed Apples Recipe
- 5 medium apples
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel top third of each apple; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberries, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into apples.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 apple (calculated without whipped cream or ice cream) equals 136 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.