Cranberry Streusel Loaf Recipe
I relied on this foolproof recipe when teaching our children to cook. Each slice is dotted with plump cranberries and flecks of orange peel.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice, butter and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins.
- 3. Transfer half of the batter to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel; repeat layers.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC