Cranberry Strawberry Sauce
This recipe was given to me by my aunt quite a few years ago. It's especially good with turkey, chicken or pork, but my family also likes it as a topping for waffles, cheesecakeeven ice cream!
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- In a saucepan, combine cranberries, water and sugar. Bring to a boil,
- stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil gently, uncovered, 3-4
- minutes or until about half of the cranberries burst. Remove from
- the heat; immediately add strawberries. Let stand until strawberries
- are completely thawed, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 38 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.