Cranberry Strawberry Sauce Recipe
This recipe was given to me by my aunt quite a few years ago. It's especially good with turkey, chicken or pork, but my family also likes it as a topping for waffles, cheesecakeeven ice cream!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- In a saucepan, combine cranberries, water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil gently, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until about half of the cranberries burst. Remove from the heat; immediately add strawberries. Let stand until strawberries are completely thawed, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Strawberry Sauce in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p81
Reviews for Cranberry Strawberry Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2010
I make this every year for Thanksgiving.It is an easy and very delicious side dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >