This recipe started out as a summer salad with raspberries. I came up with this holiday version when I was putting together the menu for my first Thanksgiving dinner. I sometimes serve it on individual salad plates instead of in a big bowl.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pecans and cranberries. In a bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p127
Reviews for Cranberry Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2011
"YUM! So easy and full of flavor.~ Theresa"
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2010
"super easy, tastes great. took it to a xmas party and people loved it."
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2009
"Good dressing, kids did not enjoy."