This recipe started out as a summer salad with raspberries. I came up with this holiday version when I was putting together the menu for my first Thanksgiving dinner. I sometimes serve it on individual salad plates instead of in a big bowl.
Recommended: Salad Recipes Across America
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pecans and cranberries. In a bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p127
Reviews for Cranberry Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2016
"Colorful and easy to prepare. Flavors were okay but nothing special."
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2011
"YUM! So easy and full of flavor.~ Theresa"
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2010
"super easy, tastes great. took it to a xmas party and people loved it."
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2009
"Good dressing, kids did not enjoy."