Cranberry Spiced Pears Recipe
“This is a refreshing change of pace from veggie sides. Plus, it’s quick to fix, nice to look at and very tasty. It’s a favorite.” Ruby Williams - Bogalusa, LA
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in pears and oranges; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 203 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC