Cranberry Spareribs Recipe
- 4 pounds spareribs
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a Dutch oven or large kettle. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, gravy, marmalade, lemon juice and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar. Drain ribs; place with meat side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour 2-1/2 cups of sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting every 5 minutes with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 755 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.