Cranberry Spareribs Recipe
At first glance, this seems like an odd combination of ingredients, but the result is absolutely delicious. My mom made this main dish when we five kids were growing up. At the end of the meal, the table was surrounded by satisfied smiles and piled high with bare rib bones. -Leslie Picard, Salmon Arm, British Columbia
- 4 pounds spareribs
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a Dutch oven or large kettle. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, gravy, marmalade, lemon juice and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar. Drain ribs; place with meat side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour 2-1/2 cups of sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting every 5 minutes with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 755 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC