Cranberry Spareribs Recipe
- 4 pounds spareribs
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a Dutch oven or large kettle. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, gravy, marmalade, lemon juice and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar. Drain ribs; place with meat side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour 2-1/2 cups of sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting every 5 minutes with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cranberry Spareribs
Sort By :
"Taste wonderful! I was missing a few pieces and made small changes to make it my own. I boiled the ribs in half a cup of apple cider vinegar for tangyness, and opted the vinegar out of the sauce. I also lacked marmalade, so I substituted it with 1/2 cup of orange juice with pulp. It is very delicious."
"I have made these since 2010 and every time still they are awesome"
"I made these for our 4th of July cookout They were awesome and the first of the potluck cookout items to go. The only thing I did different was when simmering them I added garlic as I like it. Definitely will make these again"