This is an adaptation of a friendship bread. The original recipe called for raisins, but I started using cranberries to suit my family's taste. If you have Sourdough Starter on hand, you can quickly prepare the coffee cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients; mix well. Fold in dried cranberries. Pour into a greased and sugared 10-in. tube or fluted tube pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Sourdough Coffee Cake in Best of Country Breads 2000, p55
Reviews for Cranberry Sourdough Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review