Cranberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
—Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and milk; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture.
- 2. Spread two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece equals 337 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC