- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and milk; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p32
Reviews for Cranberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2014
"I've made this several times and every time I make it I get rave reviews! Perfect combination of sweet and tart."