Cranberry Sorbet Recipe
This sorbet's sweet-tart taste is so refreshing after a hearty meal. My mother made a batch at least once a year, either for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and remaining water to a boil. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop. Remove from the heat; press cranberries through a sieve or food mill, reserving juice. Discard pulp.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the warm juice, gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in ginger ale.
- 3. Pour into a freezer-proof bowl; cover and place in the freezer until mixture is partially frozen. Beat with an electric mixer until light in color. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 160 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Sorbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC